Duke Parking and Transportation Services has coordinated with Lyft and Spin to provide multiple options to help students vote on Election Day.
From 7 a.m.-8 p.m. on Tuesday, November 3, 2020, Lyft drivers will run Duke students between the Bryan Center bus stop on Science Drive and the W. I. Patterson Community Center on Crest Street in Durham, the polling location that serves Duke’s West campus residents.
To take advantage of the free ride, students need to follow these steps:
- Sign the waiver and release form (Duke NetID required)
- After submitting the waiver, you will receive a unique promo code (up to $10 each) for the ride to and from the W.I. Patterson Community Center.
- If not already a user, download the Lyft app on your Apple or Android device and create a Lyft account.
- Enter the code under the promo code section of the app.
- When you’re ready to vote, use the app to summon your Lyft ride. All rides must begin or end at the Bryan Center bus stop on Science Drive.
Spin Electric Scooters
Spin is offering $10 in credits for all electric scooter riders, available only on Tuesday, November 3, 2020.
Spin to the polls by taking the following steps:
- If you haven’t done so, download the Spin app for iPhone or Android.
- Open the app
- Tap the “gift” icon in the top right corner
- Enter SPINTOVOTE, then tap “Add”
Note: the Spin promo code cannot be added to your account before Election Day.
For more information about voting, visit the Duke Votes website.