The provost of Duke University conducts regular reviews of all deans, vice provosts, senior staff, and faculty who have major administrative positions reporting to the provost. Provost Sally Kornbluth has appointed a committee to conduct a review of Vice Provost Abbas Benmamoun, who is in the fifth year of his first term as Vice Provost for Faculty Advancement.
The committee invites members of the Duke community to comment on the performance of Vice Provost Benmamoun or on the scope of his activities by email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Please include a description of the nature of your interactions with Vice Provost Benmamoun or of the ways in which his work affects your own. Suggestions for constructive changes to the portfolio of the Vice Provost for Faculty Advancement are also welcome.
All communications will be treated as confidential, to be shared only with the members of the review committee. An aggregate, anonymized summary will be included in the committee’s written report to the provost.
The deadline for submitting comments is December 19, 2021.
The committee is chaired by Trina Jones, Jerome M. Culp Distinguished Professor of Law. The other members are:
- Steffen A. Bass, Arts and Sciences Distinguished Professor of Physics
- Kristin Goss, Kevin D. Gorter Professor of Public Policy and Political Science
- Emily Klein, University Distinguished Service Professor of Earth Sciences
- Gunther Peck, Associate Professor of History and Public Policy
- Lillian B. Pierce, Nicholas J. and Theresa M. Leonardy Professor of Mathematics
- Nicki Washington, Professor of the Practice, Computer Science