The Duke University provost conducts regular reviews of all deans, vice provosts, senior staff, and faculty who have major administrative positions reporting to the provost. Provost Sally Kornbluth has appointed a committee to conduct a review of Ravi Bellamkonda, Vinik Dean of The Pratt School of Engineering, who is in the fourth year of his five-year term.
The committee is chaired by Henri Gavin, Professor of Civil and Environmental Engineering.
The other members are:
- Ingrid Daubechies, James B. Duke Professor of Mathematics and Electrical and Computer Engineering
- Colin Duckett, Vice Dean for Basic Science, School of Medicine
- Geoffrey Ginsburg, Professor of Medicine and Biomedical Engineering, Director of the Duke Center for Applied Genomics & Precision Medicine, and of MEDx
- Calvin Howell, Professor of Physics
- Joseph Izatt, Michael J. Fitzpatrick Professor of Engineering
- Guillermo Sapiro, James B. Duke Professor of Electrical and Computer Engineering
- Kate Scholberg, Professor of Physics
- Toddi Steelman, Stanback Dean of the Nicholas School of the Environment
- Lingchong You, Professor of Biomedical Engineering
- Stefan Zauscher, Professor of Mechanical Engineering and Materials Science
The committee would like to hear from any members of the Duke community who wish to comment on the performance of Bellamkonda or on the scope of his activities. The committee invites you to share your thoughts by email at firstname.lastname@example.org by Sept. 27.
Please include a description of the nature of your interactions with Bellamkonda or of the ways in which his work affects your own and the school’s trajectories. Suggestions for constructive changes to the portfolio of the dean’s position are also welcome.
All communications will be treated as confidential, to be shared only with the members of the review committee. An aggregate summary will be included in the committee’s written report to the provost.