Larry Zelenak, Pamela B. Gann Professor of Law, will chair a committee that will conduct a national search for the new university vice president for institutional equity, President Vincent Price announced this week.
The 12-member committee is comprised of faculty, administrators and two student representatives.
Benjamin Reese Jr., the current vice president for institutional equity, will retire at the end of the academic year. Reese joined Duke in 1996 in the Office of Institutional Equity (OIE). He was named interim vice president in 2005; the title was made permanent in 2006.
Other members of the committee are:
- Abbas Benmamoun, Vice Provost for Faculty Advancement
- Rhonda Brandon, Chief HR Officer, DUHS
- Ann Brown, Vice Dean for Faculty and Professor of Medicine, School of Medicine
- Travis Dauwalter, Graduate Student; President, Graduate and Professional Student Council
- Craig Henriquez, Professor of Biomedical Engineering and Professor of Mechanical Engineering
- Laura Lieber, Center for Jewish Studies, Professor of Religious Studies
- Viviana Martinez-Bianchi, Associate Professor, Community and Family Medicine
- Tom Metzloff, Professor of Law
- Ashleigh Rosette, Associate Professor, Management and Organization, Fuqua School of Business
- Neera Skurky, Associate General Counsel
- Kristina Smith, Undergraduate Student; President, Duke Student Government.
The committee will be assisted by Witt/Kieffer, a national executive search firm. More information about the position can be found in this file here.