In 2017, the Duke-Durham Unity Fellows program invited seven Durham nonprofit leaders to spend time thinking through their leadership strengths as well as their organization's future. The leaders were looking for mentorship and collaboration opportunities, nonprofit resources, and ways to improve their work-life balance.
2017 was the first year of the professional development program, which was funded by the Duke Office of Durham and Regional Affairs as well as Leadership Triangle. Read more about the Duke-Durham Unity Fellows here.
Here are the nonprofits in the first Unity Fellows cohort:
- DurhamCares / https://www.durhamcares.org/
- The Helius Foundation / http://www.theheliusfoundation.org/
- Housing for New Hope / https://www.housingfornewhope.org/
- Partners for Youth Opportunity / https://pyopportunity.org/
- Project BUILD
- ReCity Network / http://www.recitynetwork.org/
- StepUp Durham / http://www.stepupdurham.org/
Here is more information about Leadership Triangle, which served as a facilitator, funder and supporter for the Unity Fellows program.