Regular reviews of senior administrators of the university are conducted by a broad-based committee that completes a performance review and submits a confidential report. Such a committee has been appointed by to review Vice President for Information Technology and Chief Information Officer Tracy Futhey, who was appointed to that post in 2002.
This is Futhey’s third regular review.
Chairing the committee will be Jeff Chase, Professor in the Department of Computer Science. Other members of the committee are:
- Robert Calderbank, Charles S. Sydnor Professor of Computer Science and Director of Information Initiative;
- Kirsten Corazzini, Associate Professor, School of Nursing;
- Jeffrey Ferranti, Chief Information Officer and Vice President for Medical Informatics Duke Health;
- Leigh Goller, Executive Director, Office of Audit, Risk and Compliance;
- Dan Kiehart, Dean of Natural Sciences, Trinity College of Arts & Sciences;
- Emily Klein, Professor of Earth Sciences, Nicholas School of the Environment;
- Todd Orr, Associate Vice President, Administrative Systems Management, Duke Finance
The committee invites all members of the Duke community to provide comments on Futhey's leadership effectiveness in regard to technology support and innovation as well as whether the role remains appropriate for facing future opportunities and challenges.
Any comments may be communicated orally or in writing to any member of the committee. Information provided to the committee will be held in confidence but may be reported without attribution as part of the report that will be submitted to Executive Vice President Tallman Trask Ill.
Please send comments by Jan. 23 to: Jeff Chase at firstname.lastname@example.org or by mail to Futhey Review Committee, Attn: Michele Wittman Box 90028, Durham, NC 27708.