Submit Your Haunting Photos in Halloween Contest
Seeking boo-tiful submissions for 4th annual Blue Devil Halloween Photo Contest
Does a coworker howl at the moon? Is your office decked out with spider webs and pumpkins? Are you wearing a costume to work on Oct. 31?Take photos of you and your colleagues getting in the Halloween spirit as part of Working@Duke’s 4th annual Blue Devil Halloween Photo Contest. Faculty and staff members are invited to submit work- or Duke-related Halloween photos by 5 p.m. Nov. 3. How to participate:
1. Take your best shot and submit your work- or Duke-related Halloween photo by 5 p.m. Nov. 3.
2. All eligible submissions will be posted in an album on Working@Duke's Facebook page on Nov. 4.
3. Visit the album and vote for your favorite Halloween photo until 5 p.m. Nov. 6. (You must have a Facebook account to vote).
4. The photo with the most "likes" will receive the grand prize - the winning photo on a coffee mug or mouse pad. Judges will award bags of candy for the spookiest and most original photos.
5. Winners will be announced on Facebook and Duke Today on Nov. 7.
For the past three years, Lora Griffiths and her coworker in the Duke Office of Sponsored Programs, Connie Tubiolo, have gone home with the top prize. Their themed costumes, Raggedy Ann and Raggedy Andy, Pinocchio and Geppetto, and Lucy and Ethel last year, as well as their guerilla marketing campaign, won them the most votes.
Griffiths, a research administrator at Duke, said she and Tubiolo are stepping aside this year to make way for a new champion.
“We said three was the charm,” Griffiths said. “We’re going to go out on a high. We can’t muster the idea of defeat.”