Choose the topics of most interest to you to follow under "My Headlines".
Parking, campus access to be limited evening of April 27
Durham, NC - In an effort to minimize traffic congestion, access to West Campus will be limited the evening of Wednesday, April 27 when Duke undergraduate students celebrate their last day of classes for the academic year with a barbecue and concert.
Beginning Wednesday evening, entry points for West Campus will be closed to the general public and limited only to students and their spouses/partners and faculty and staff with a valid DukeCard to verify identification and affiliation with Duke.
Entry points to West Campus will be stationed with Duke University Police Department officers, Staff One attendants or Parking and Transportation Services staff. The affected entrances to campus include:
- 751/Cameron Boulevard at Science Drive
- 751/Cameron Boulevard at Frank Bassett Drive
- Flowers Drive at Trent Drive
- Campus Drive at Anderson Street
- Chapel Drive at Duke University Road
- Duke University Road atTowerview Road
- Erwin Road at Towerview Road
- LaSalle Street at Erwin Road
- Research Drive at Erwin Road
- Anderson Street at the entrance to the Sarah P. Duke Gardens
- Lewis and Anderson streets at the Sarah P. Duke Gardens
- Towerview Road at Science Drive
- Towerview Road at Wannamaker Drive
- MSRB Drive at Research Drive
All members of the Duke community are asked to carry their DukeCards and to be prepared to present them for campus access starting early Wednesday evening.
Undergraduate students with a valid DukeCard may park in the Blue Zone and Eden's B and C parking lots. When these lots fill, the Whitford, Chemistry and Circuit lots will open for overflow parking, also for students with a valid DukeCard.
Graduate students are encouraged to use the 751, Bassett, Grounds, Chemistry and Circuit lots, although they can park in all the same lots as undergraduates. Graduate students must also present a valid DukeCard to park.
All Duke parking lots will be staffed and monitored from 3:30 p.m. to 11:30 p.m. All student vehicles must be removed from lots by 7 a.m. April 28.
Any suspicious or concerning activities should be reported immediately to Duke Police by calling 911 from a campus phone or (919) 684-2444.
© 2013 Office of Communication Services
705 Broad Street, Box 90496, Durham, NC 27708
(919) 681-4533; FAX: (919) 681-7926