Search Committee Named for New Executive Vice Provost Position
Provost Alec Gallimore has appointed a committee to lead the search for Duke University’s executive vice provost. The position has been newly reconfigured and will include the current duties of the Vice Provost for Academic Affairs. The position description is located on the website of the Office of the Provost.
The search committee will be chaired by Mark Anthony Neal, James B. Duke Distinguished Professor of African and African American Studies. Other members of the committee are:
- Ed Balleisen, Vice Provost for Interdisciplinary Studies; Professor of History and Public Policy
- Gary Bennett, Dean, Trinity College of Arts and Sciences; Bishop-MacDermott Family Professor of Psychology & Neuroscience, Global Health and Medicine
- Doug Campbell, Professor of New Testament, Divinity School; Co-Director, Prison Engagement Initiative, The Kenan Institute for Ethics
- Trina Jones, Jerome M. Culp Distinguished Professor of Law; Chair, Duke University Academic Council
- Manoj Mohanan, Creed C. Black Professor of Public Policy; Senior Associate Dean for Faculty and Research, Sanford School of Public Policy
- Nimmi Ramanujam, Robert W. Carr, Jr., Distinguished Professor of Biomedical Engineering
- Charlotte Sussman, Professor of English; Chair of the Department of English
The Provost has charged the committee with conducting an internal search to identify a highly diverse and qualified pool of candidates for the position.
The search committee invites confidential candidate nominations, comments about the position and applications via email to <DukeEVPsearch@duke.edu>. Potential candidates should submit a cover letter, vision statement, and current CV no later than March 15, 2024. All submissions to the search committee will be considered confidential.