A university committee is seeking comments as part of a regular performance review of Dean of Duke Chapel The Rev. Dr. Luke A. Powery. Reviews of senior administrators are typically conducted in the fourth year of a five-year term, and the results compiled in a confidential report. This will be the second such review for Powery, who has served in his current post since 2012.
Members of the review committee are:
- Norman Wirzba (Chair), Gilbert T. Rowe Distinguished Professor of Christian Theology; Senior Fellow at the Kenan Institute for Ethics
- Li-Chen Chin, Assistant Vice President for Intercultural Programs
- Craig DeAlmeida, President, The Congregation at Duke University Chapel
- Luciana Fellin, Professor of the Practice of Romance Studies
- David Emmanuel Goatley, Research Professor of Theology and Black Church Studies; Director of Office of Black Church Studies; Associate Dean for Vocational Formation and Christian Witness
- Leela Prasad, Professor of Religious Studies
- Stelfanie Williams, Vice President for Durham and Community Affairs
An important part of the review process is the gathering of input from the University’s many constituencies. Comments on performance and suggestions for the future are important to the committee’s work. The committee invites you to share your thoughts by email. Communication should include the nature of your interactions with Dean Powery and his team in order to understand the context of your comments as fully as possible.
Your thoughts should be sent to firstname.lastname@example.org and will be subsequently communicated to the committee. Information provided to the committee will be held in confidence but may be reported without attribution as part of the committee’s report that will be submitted to President Price.
Please send comments by March 24, 2021 to email@example.com.