As 2018 comes to an end, here are some helpful reminders about Duke benefits:
• Payroll deductions for medical, dental and vision benefits in 2019 begin in December 2018.
• Payroll deductions for 2019 health and dependent care reimbursement accounts begin in January 2019.
• Staff and faculty enrolled in 2018 health or dependent care reimbursement accounts must submit reimbursement claims for expenses incurred Jan. 1, 2018, through Dec. 31, 2018, by Sunday, April 15, 2019.
• Employees enrolled in the 2018 health care reimbursement account can carry over up to $500 of unused funds into their 2019 plan. After Saturday, April 15, 2019, any unused money over $500 remaining from a 2018 health care reimbursement account will be forfeited.
• Employees can opt out of receiving print W-2 forms by logging into Duke@Work and choosing to receive the form electronically.
• Duke will mail a 1095-C form to employee home addresses. Employees must use the 1095-C form when filing income tax returns. The form, mandated by the Affordable Care Act, provides information about the employee’s health insurance coverage.
• You will receive a new pharmacy ID card if you changed health plans.
Please call the Human Resources Information Center at 919- 684-5600 if you have additional questions.