Due to a water main leak, Main Street will be closed between Buchanan Boulevard and Broad Street all day Friday.
The repairs to the large water main, performed by the City of Durham Department of Water Management, will begin at 9 a.m. While Main Street’s intersections with Broad Street and Buchanan Boulevard will remain open, allowing traffic to cross Main Street, traffic will not be able to reach the entrance of East Campus.
Friday’s closure of Main Street has resulted in these changes to Duke’s bus routes.
- The Smith Warehouse stops will be closed.
- The C1 route will have an additional bus.
- C2 buses will not service Swift Avenue and will use Campus Drive in both directions.
- C3 Class Change will be replaced with a second Swift Express to accommodate Swift Avenue.
- C3 East-Science will not service Swift Avenue directly and will instead use Campus Drive stops in both directions. It will stop at the corner of Campus Drive and Swift Avenue.
- CCX will circle around East Campus going straight up Swift Avenue onto Broad Street, right on Markham Avenue, right onto Buchanan Boulevard, right onto Maxwell Avenue, then left on Campus Drive. It will stop at the intersection of Broad Street and Perry Street and the intersection of Buchanan Boulevard and East Campus Union Drive/Dacian Avenue.
When Main Street reopens, all bus service will return to normal. For real-time transit updates, check Duke TransLoc.