As 2017 comes to an end, here are some helpful reminders about Duke benefits:
• Payroll deductions for medical, dental and vision benefits in 2018 begin in December 2017.
• Payroll deductions for 2018 health and dependent care reimbursement accounts begin in January 2018.
• Employees enrolled in 2017 health or dependent care reimbursement accounts must submit reimbursement claims for expenses incurred Jan. 1, 2017, through Dec. 31, 2017, by April 15, 2018.
• Employees enrolled in the 2017 health care reimbursement account can carry over up to $500 of unused funds into their 2018 plan. After April 15, 2018, any unused money over $500 remaining from a 2017 health care reimbursement account will be forfeited.
• Employees can opt out of receiving print W-2 forms by logging into Duke@Work and choosing to receive the form electronically.
• Duke will mail a 1095-C form to employee home addresses. Employees must use the 1095-C form when filing income tax returns. The form, mandated by the Affordable Care Act, provides information about an employee’s health insurance coverage.
• Employees will receive a new pharmacy ID card if they changed health plans.
Visit hr.duke.edu for more information.