Choose the topics of most interest to you to follow under "My Headlines".
Take Pictures, Win Prizes in Scavenger Hunt
Durham, NC - Show us in pictures how you appreciate Duke.
From May 6 to 31, Working@Duke will hold its first faculty and staff photo scavenger hunt to coincide with Duke Appreciation, the annual celebration of staff and faculty.
Employees will have the chance to find 10 locations across Duke while competing for a collection of prizes. It's an opportunity to see parts of campus you may not be familiar with or simply show off some favorite hangouts.
Here's how the scavenger hunt will work:
- On May 6, five easy riddles will be released on Duke Today for the first five locations. On May 20, the last half of the riddles will be available on Duke Today.
- Once you've solved each riddle and figured out where the photos must be taken, snap a picture of yourself at the spot.
After a photo is taken, you have several ways to earn points and get to the top of the contest leaderboard:
- Submit the photo to Working@Duke's Flickr account by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org - 3 points
- Share the photo on Working@Duke's Facebook wall - 2 points
- Post the photo on Twitter and mention @WorkingAtDuke - 1 point
As you complete tasks, you can submit your activities online to keep a tally of your points.
At the end of the contest, the person with the most points wins a prize package that features:
- A night's stay for two and breakfast at the Washington Duke Inn
- $100 credit at the University Store
- 60-minute massage at Duke Integrative Medicine
In case of a tie, a grand prize winner will be randomly selected.
Three participants who find at least seven locations will be randomly selected to win a $100 credit at the University Store and a one-year "Sponsor" level membership at the Nasher Museum of Art.
In addition, one faculty or staff member who submits the zaniest photo as picked by the Working@Duke staff will receive a $100 credit to the University Store. What zaniest means - we'll leave that up to you.
© 2015 Office of Communication Services
705 Broad Street, Box 90496, Durham, NC 27708
(919) 681-4533; FAX: (919) 681-7926