More than 6,200 students, faculty and staff have snatched up a GoPass - a free public bus pass - and now more have the opportunity to ride local and regional buses for no charge.
Parking and Transportation Services is hosting a series of GoPass distribution events that will take place across Duke from Feb. 6 to April 2.
"With the launch of online bus tracking for Triangle Transit, DATA, Chapel Hill Transit and more, Duke employees and students are finding it easier than ever to use the bus system each day to commute," said Brian Williams, transportation demand coordinator for Duke.
To be eligible for a GoPass, faculty and staff must have an office on the East, West, Central and Medical Center campuses; the American Tobacco Campus; or within one-half mile of the East, West, Central or Medical campuses (see eligibility map). All undergraduate, graduate and professional school students are eligible.
GoPass allows for unlimited rides on DATA, Triangle Transit, Capital Area Transit and C-Tran, the town of Cary's transit service, at no charge.
Here's the schedule for GoPass events:
- Feb. 6 - 11:30 a.m. to 1:30 p.m. at LSRC Hug Commons
- Feb. 13 - 11:30 to 1:30 p.m. at Twinnie's
- Feb. 16 - 6 to 8 p.m. at East Campus Marketplace
- Feb. 20 - 11:30 a.m. to 1:30 p.m. at the Fox Center at Fuqua School of Business
- Feb. 27 - 11:30 a.m. to 1:30 p.m. at the Duke (South) Clinic food court
- March 12 - 11:30 a.m. to 1:30 p.m. at the Duke (North) Hospital Atrium cafeteria
- March 15 - 6 to 8 p.m. at East Campus Marketplace
- March 19 - 11:30 a.m. to 1:30 p.m. at Duke Law School Star Commons
- March 26 - 11:30 a.m. to 1:30 p.m. on Bryan Center Plaza
- March 29 - 6 to 8 p.m. at East Campus Marketplace
- April 2 - 11:30 to 1:30 p.m. at Twinnie's
In addition to the specially-planned GoPass distribution events, students and eligible employees can pick up the GoPass any time at one of Duke's two Parking and Transportation offices: