Motorists traveling to and from West Campus for Saturday's football game between Duke and Tulane University should allow for extra drive time due to construction on the North Carolina 147 highway.
Beginning at 7 p.m. Saturday, crews will reduce 147 South to one lane from Swift Avenue (exit 14) to Fayetteville Road (exit 12). Northbound lanes of 147 will also be reduced to one lane from Fayetteville Road (exit 12A) to just past Duke Street (exit 12C). Work is expected to take place until 6 a.m. Sunday morning.
Due to construction, suggested alternative routes include I-85, I-40 and 15-501 to access and leave campus and avoid the lane closures on NC 147. Motorists are encouraged to use caution while traveling through work zones.
Fans traveling to the game can consider these alternate ingress routes:
- I-85 North or South to exit 174B for Hillendale Road
- I-85 South to exit 174A for 15-501 South to exit 108A for Morreene Road
- I-40 East or West to exit 270 for 15-501 (toward Durham) to Exit 108A for Morreene Road
- I-85 South to exit 174A for 15-501 South to exit 107 for NC 751
- I-40 East or West to exit 270 for 15-501 (toward Durham) to exit 107 for NC 751
Motorists can get up-to-date traffic information for all North Carolina roadways on the NCDOT website or by calling 511.