Choose the topics of most interest to you to follow under "My Headlines".
DukeMed: The Musical
The Duke School of Medicine put together an unusual way of telling prospective medical students that "You're the One That I Want."
Students, faculty and administrators have produced a short video that uses parodies of popular Broadway songs to explain what a Duke medical education is about. The video was produced for the Second Look Weekend for prospective students.
In case you don't know the originals, here's the list. You're welcome to sing along:
- "I Dreamed a Dream" from the musical Les Miserables, composed by Claude-Michel Schonberg.
- "Anything You Can Do" from the musical Annie Get Your Gun, composed by Irving Berlin.
- "Getting to Know You" from the musical The King and I, by Rodgers and Hammerstein.
- "Do-Re-Mi" from the musical The Sound of Music, by Rodgers and Hammerstein.
- "I Feel Pretty" from the musical West Side Story, composed by Leonard Bernstein.
- "Defying Gravity" from the musical Wicked, composed by Stephen Schwartz.
- "Circle of Life" from the musical The Lion King, composed by Elton John.
- "Seasons of Love" from the musical Rent, composed by Jonathan Larson.
- "You're the One that I Want" from the musical Grease, composed by John Farrar.
The video was directed by Taylor Broome, assisted by Margot Cullen; produced by Michael Maranzano, assisted by Ben Parker; and choreographed by Naomi Chou.
Kyle Davidson did the audio.
Go to the gallery
View Videos, Slideshows & More
© 2014 Office of News & Communications
615 Chapel Drive, Box 90563, Durham, NC 27708-0563
(919) 684-2823; After-hours phone (for reporters on deadline): (919) 812-6603